Div 1

Alwoodley Res v Dewsbury Rangers
Leeds City OB 7 Rothwell 1

Div 5

Leeds City OB IV 1 St Bedes Res 3
Thornesians III 1 Shire Academics IV 7
Tyersal Res 0 Rothwell Res 0
neville

Re: Results for 9th May 2018 - A night to remember?

Postby neville » Wed May 09, 2018 4:56 pm

No prizes tonight in the Premier Divisin but each club asked to beat fatigue and see if they can finiahj as high as possible in the League.

Calverley against Gildersome has already been covered but Spurs need one point to go up.

Difficult to assess Leeds City OB v Rothwell but on recent form would expect Leeds City OB to win and take a step nearer the Div 1 title.

Waiting for the Div 5 results with eager anticipation.
CalverleyUtd

Re: Results for 9th May 2018 - A night to remember for Calverley Utd

Postby CalverleyUtd » Wed May 09, 2018 7:24 pm

Calverley Utd 3 Gildersome 1

Matty Wilson 2 Ben Cook

Two massive performances in the last two weeks
neville

Postby neville » Wed May 09, 2018 7:51 pm

Div 5

Leeds City OB IV 1 St bedes Res 3

Hi Nev, 3-1 final score

3-0 half time
Mick Dougan 2
Umear Aslam 1

Danny
neville

Postby neville » Wed May 09, 2018 8:28 pm

A brief delve into the basket of fixtures tonight and we find that Stanley Utd are certain to finish second in the Premier Division without resorting to goal difference.

Glad tidings from Calverley Utd who defeated Gildersome Spurs 3-1 to finish second behind Horsforth St Margaret’s after Gildersome drop three points because of an admin error and then lose two fixtures including this one with Calverley.

In div 1 Lees City OB succeeds 7-1 against one time promotion candidates Rothwell. This was always a potential banana skin that Leeds City OB sidestepped skilfully. 12 consecutive victories for City OB. Win on Saturday against a strong Medics III team and the title and promotion go hand in hand as Idle miss out. One point for City OB and promotion assured.

Rothwell Res now has a one point advantage over Norristhorpe Res with both sides having played 23 out of their 24 matches. For Rothwell Res a tricky reverse fixture with Tyersal Res and not easy. Norristhorpe travel to Huddersfield Amateur Res. Both Norristhorpe and Rothwell promoted. If Rothwell win the Crown is theirs.

In the Premier Division Farsley finish fifth after their 1-0 victory over Grangefield sixth at Stanningley Park in the local derby with both teams going through more than the motions, especially so in the second half as the ferocity of the tackles increased. Farsley went ahead in the 30th minute thanks to a left foot drive from Ben Wilson at the edge of the area. Farsley edged the first half and the second as well but even 2-0 may have flattered them.
PhilBabb

Postby PhilBabb » Wed May 09, 2018 9:50 pm

Stanley Utd 2-1 Alwoodley

no end of season feel to this with us wanting to go out on a high and them warming up for a cup final next week.

Early goal thro Ben Laycock and chances at both ends saw us in 1 nil at the break.

Penalty from josh Whiteley and a consolation from them was not the be all in the 2nd half as our keeper made 2 or 3 outstanding saves as both sides pushed for the win.

Think we just about deserved it in a game that was spoiled by terrible banter..... but played with hearts on sleeves.

Good luck to Alwoodley next week.... a remarkable achievement already but you are more than capable of bringing it home!

Good stuff!

Daz

Stanley Utd
CalverleyUtd

Postby CalverleyUtd » Thu May 10, 2018 4:45 am

CalverleyUtd wrote:Calverley Utd 3 Gildersome 1

Matty Wilson 2 Ben Cook

Two massive performances in the last two weeks

This was a pretty close game and at 2-1 the next goal would have sealed it and thankfully we got it. Tough conditions for both teams with the hard ground and the breeze and both teams looked to utilise their long throws and it was from one of these from Thomas Atkins that Calverley took the lead through Matty Wilson. It didn't take long for Gildersome to equalise with a ball bouncing round the box that was driven into the ground and over the heads of the defenders on the line. Second half and Calverley take the lead through Ben Cook after some strong work from Josh Debenham on the left wing. Gildersome used their strength well in the middle of the park and at times we gave the ball away cheaply and Gildersome had a shout at a penalty however the player stayed on his feel only to scuff his shot. The deciding goal however did come from a penalty after a Gildersome player was adjudged to have handled in the box. Up stepped Matty Wilson to score his 39th league goal of the season.

First time in the clubs history that we have made it to the top division. We had hoped to stay in the title race but put in too many below par performances, however we saved two for the last two games against Horsforth and Gildersome. #totusoptimus #uptheowls
Wildcatarmy

Re: Results for 9th May 2018 - Rothwell Update

Postby Wildcatarmy » Thu May 10, 2018 11:54 am

Div 1 - Leeds City Old Boys 7 vs 1 Rothwell

Another tough game for the 1st team who's season has come to a disappointing end after promising so much early season. From what I understand from the manager he was impressed with Leeds City in both games and they have put us away comprehensively. He also reported in that City were a really good set of lads and we wish them all well for their final game of the season and whilst not taking sides, I hope they can win again against Medics to seal a well deserved title. Olly Oldroyd with the goal for us, in a game where I think we only had 12 men and really struggled with numbers on a difficult midweek evening. The guys now move onto the West Yorkshire Alliance League next season in a much better position and considering that we were looking close to relegation last season from Div 1, the improvement in the team to finish where they have is a real positive... it just looked like they could well have won the league with their early season form.

Div 5 - Tyersal Res 0 vs 0 Rothwell Res

With all three open age teams playing away last night and the Under 17's also having an away game we definitely had to pool all the resources to get 14 men to Bradford. Tyersal easily the better team in the 1st half with the wind assistance and whilst the second half was am improvement, I don't think we deserved 3 points from this game. Yes, we had a few chances in the second half but Tyersal missed their fair share as well and if it wasn't for John Bradley making a miraculous save from an excellent long range shot, we could well have faced defeat. So it all goes onto Saturday and we welcome Tyersal again at home. With defeat on Monday night, I thought that Tyersal may have come into last nights game with a different approach with players losing interest now they had nothing to play for, that would prove to be the exact opposite. They were committed, chased everything down, put their bodies on the line and didn't play like a team who's season was almost finished. I expect something similar on Saturday and all I can hope is that Huddersfield sort their weekend player issues out and are able to field a competitive team against Norristhorpe so that they are given a test in their final game and not another weekend of been unable to raise a team and a simple 3-0 walkover for Norristhorpe.

I think we have been badly branded by some for our games and the general consensus from Tyersal after the game would be that we they would be facing our 1st team on Saturday (having read the reports from other teams on here)... that just isn't the case. We have struggled with a 15 man squad for the last 12 games that we have had to play in a short five week span. We have had to use players wisely just so they see the season out as nobody can play Saturday, Monday & Wednesday each week without fatigue or picking up an injury. I've had to play 3 of the games including last night and whilst I have enjoyed the run outs, it shows how desperate we have come for to name me in the team. We will instantly lose 4 players who played last night due to cricket and work commitments at the weekend. But we hopefully welcome back Josh Prince (working), Ben Kellett (Under 17's game) and Aaron Batley (working) who all missed last night's game due to the circumstances in brackets, all of whom have been with us all season and were badly missed last night. Our keeper broke his collarbone at North Leeds and we have had played either with myself or one of the midfielders in goal whenever we haven't been in a position to call on Zac from the reserves or get John to play who struggles with his midweek work commitments. And we have only been able to call on Aaron Batley for a couple of the end of season games as he now works away so with no recognised out and out striker for a lot of the games, things have been really difficult. Everyone wants to play on Saturday from within our ranks and everyone who is fit will do so. Last night was a physical test on a rock hard pitch and some players have come away with some knocks and I will leave it as late as possible to name a side, but I won't go into any game with just 11 men just to please the teams around us when I have players from within the club willing and able to help out and make up the numbers.

We are looking forward to Saturday immensely as it will be a big occasion for us all. I would have liked to have got the job done last night but that pays a lot of respect to our opponents and we will even welcome their fan base who are apparently jumping on a train to Whitwood and walking to Fleet Lane on Saturday to watch Tyersal in action again. I'm not sure on the number of teams going up but it looks likely it will be just us and Norristhorpe. If that is the case then Division 5 will be another competitive division next year with a committed Tyersal locking horns with a much improved Batelians, a very good St Bedes side and who knows how the relegated teams from Div 4 will cope as well.

Man of the Match - Chris Gordon.
Definitely one of our leaders on the field throughout the season and he was immense again last night. Such a shame that he could well miss Saturday due to cricket, if so, he will be badly missed. We have added players over the past few years that have improved the side, Chris is probably at the head of those additions and he adds so much to our defensive line which has only conceded 28 in 23 games this year.
robfranlong

Postby robfranlong » Thu May 10, 2018 3:36 pm

Leeds City OB Summary

YAL 1

First Team 7 v Rothwell 1

A convincing win in the end but it took us a good 35 minutes to break Rothwell down and it took two good saves by Liam to keep us in it.

As it was we were 3–0 to the good at HT thanks to Ali Lewis x 2 and Ally Brown.

Second half we ran away with the game and we scored some good goals as Rothwell tired having no subs and finishing the game with only 8 men after 3 went off injured.

Reuben Young x 2
Dan Berry
James Horsfield

Our season ends on Saturday.....1 to go

YAL 5

Fourths 1 v St Bedes 3

Penultimate game for the lads and sadly another defeat for them against a good Bedes side.

Joe Ainley with the goal.

Return to “Results 2018/19”