Drighlington v Old Batelians
Drighlington Res v Crown Gawthorpe
Gildersome Spurs OB v Ossett Common Rovers
Overthorpe SC v Morley Town III
Savile Town v West End Park
Thornhill v Morley Town Res

Wakefield & Dist Cup

Rd 1

Sandal Wdrs v Thornes FC (match awarded to Sandal Wdrs as Thornes cannot raise a team) Thornes cricket tem playing in contest to see who goes to Abu Dhabi. Wdrs play Durkar in Round 2.

Premier Division

Alwoodley v Stanningley OB
Ealandians v Grangefield OB
Farsley Sports v Beeston Juniors
St Nicholas v Farsley Celtic Juniors
Wigton Moor v Trinity OB

Championship

Beeston St Anthony’s v Calverley Utd
Collingham Juniors v Shire Academics (to be played at Shire's ground at Bedquilts)
Leeds Medics & Dentists Res v Mount St Mary’s
Morley Town AFC v Alwoodley Res
Stanningley OB Res v Wortley

Division 1

Dewsbury Rangers v Farsley Celtic Junrs Res
Horsforth St Margaret’s v Garforth Rangers
Leeds Independent v Rothwell

Division 2

Collegians v Woodkirk Valley
Colton Ath v Wheelwright OB
Leeds City OB v Ealandians Res
Lepton Highlanders v Old Centralians

Division 3

Churwell Lions v FC Headingley
Huddersfield Amateur v Norristhorpe
Leeds Medics & Dentists IV v Leeds City OB Res
Thornesians Res v East Ardsley Wdrs

Div 4

Beeston Juniors v Ealandians III
Horsforth SM Res v Woodhouse Moor Meths
Trinity OB Res v North Leeds
Wortley Res v Rodillian

Div 5

Garforth Crusaders v Methley Utd
Norristhorpe Res v Shire Academics III
North Leeds Res v Leeds City OB III
St Bedes Res v Horsforth SM III
Woodkirk Valley Res v Dewsbury Rangers Res

Div 6

Leeds Modernians Res v Huddersfield Amateur Res
Old Batelians Res v Old Centralians Res
Rothwell Res v Morley Utd

Please check very carefully and refer any problems to the Fixture secretary.

It is usual for Districts to ask our League to release teams for their District Cup Fixtures. This has not happened in two instances - Garforth Crusaders and East Ardsley Wanderers. Nor have the Districts involved provided us with their Cup Draw. Thus our teams will have league matches.
preecey10

Re: Fixtures for 17th Sep - first week of District Cup Matches

Postby preecey10 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:33 pm

Ill have a go at division 1

Dewsbury rangers v Farsley celtic jnrs res

Don't know much about Dewsbury but they got a good win last week against Garforth. Farsley spanked us in a friendly although they were a mix of first and seconds and we were missing 5. Farsley will be looking to get back to winning ways after losing last week. Gonna go for a 2-2 draw.

Horsforth st margarets v Garforth rangers

Played Horsforth first game and they were a decent team but also had players missing. Garforth always give it there all but I think Horsforth may be too strong. 3-1 home win.

Leeds independent v rothwell

Rothwell are again a team I know nothing about and just lost out in Wot looked like a cracker last week. However we are playing really well at the moment and fancy ourselves against anyone. Still missing a goalkeeper but hope to have that sorted in the next few weeks. Think we will win 4-1.
westendparkgaffa

Postby westendparkgaffa » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:21 am

Saville town v west end park

Old rivals from spen valley after 2 good games in our new league 4-3 loss n 8-0 win hopefully our lads won't get dragged into crappy football n any bother by this spen valley team who normally just want to kick off all time

West end park lads have only played 2 games n New league but already enjoying it more than spen valley

I'm saying 4-1 win to the ever improving west end park
Wildcatarmy

Postby Wildcatarmy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:49 am

After the weekend's results its clear that Division 6 is very hard to predict as a few teams are struggling for players and it's clear it's affecting the bottom teams. But, I'll give it a go.

Div 6

Leeds Modernians Res v Huddersfield Amateur Res
Mods were the team that impressed me the most last season when we played them but didn't seem to follow the performances against us with a similar one against many of the others !! Huddersfield, again a strange one. Expected them to be up there this season and then they start the season off with a home loss against a rebounding Leeds City. I'll have to support Mods in this one 3-1.

Old Batelians Res v Old Centralians Res
Batelians first game postponed, don't know the exact details but reading that most of them had to play for the 1st team in Division 1. That said, a 3-5 loss can still be classed as a good performance so I still fear that this lot will be a tough nut to crack this year when they get their numbers back. Cents started well with a win against West End who franked that form with a resounding win at Thornes the week after. Who plays this week ? How am I supposed to know !! If Batelians have numbers available then they will win, if they don't then I fancy Cents. I'll go 4-2 to Batelians.

Rothwell Res v Morley Utd
We played Morley in pre-season in a 3-3 draw and I was impressed with them. Whilst I'm not taking anything away from there here, to beat Leeds City 10-1 (who then come back and win at Huddersfield the week after) suggests either Morley were awesome or City were dreadful !! I suspect Morley will get the points from the postponement at Batelians on Saturday as well, which is another bonus as I don't expect many to go there and take 3 points. For us, I was more than happy with the performance against Middleton Park but I know I've got a couple missing from the team that took to the field but that means it's a chance for a couple of the others to come in and cement their place in the team. Good to get back at Fleet Lane again as we haven't played there for a while and whilst no prediction, I'm hoping we can sneak this one this week (but it will be far from easy).
tinternet

Postby tinternet » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:32 pm

So far with 11/12 predictions in the Premier I am having another go (the 1 wrong was a draw!)

Premier Division

Alwoodley v Stanningley OB
Well Alwoodley on their day a strong outfit thats for sure but I do think they as a club are going through a large change with players getting older etc and responsibilities changing. Stanningley can be decent on their day but will need a full squad to get something from this game and even then I think it would be a tough ask! HOME WIN 4-1

Ealandians v Grangefield OB

This has the potential to be the game of the day in the Premier Ealandians have had so far 2 comfortable wins but to be honest over teams that will be in the bottom half of the table this could well be their first real test. Grangefield having seen them pre season have real potential but going on results so far have not fully got going. Think home advantage will add to Ealandians too so HOME WIN 4-2

Farnley Sports v Beeston Juniors
Farnley on their day are a class act who pass the ball well and move well off the ball and can cause problems for most teams. Beeston are one of those teams that need to get started in 16/17 and still have not managed it and I can't see it being today! HOME WIN 5-1

St Nicholas v Farsley Celtic Juniors
St.Nics will be pleased following their 10-1 demolition last week of wigton but I think they will come down to the ground with a bit of a bump this weekend! Farsley are a solid well drilled team with a few match winners mixed in there too. I cant see it being one sided all game but I really dont think St.Nics will have enough to cause Farsley too many problems AWAY WIN 1 -3

Wigton Moor v Trinity OB
This is perhaps a more important game that meets the eye at this early stage I really think these two teams should be trying to grab every point they can because sorry to say it they will need them come April/May time!!! Wigton are in need of a few new players Trinity also need some newbie's but today Trinity should have enough to take down Wigton AWAY WIN 1-4
neville

Postby neville » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:46 pm

A good week last week with an outstanding 5/6 for tinternet.

Definitely in competition with Piggy whose predictions for this week will be on line shortly. For Damage a case of chin up. We can expect a few right this week in Div 5 although every game was difficult to assess last weekend.

I will have a stroll through the District Cup games that are at an early stage but can anyone pick out potential District Cup winners?
neville

Postby neville » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:05 pm

Premier Division

Alwoodley v Stanningley OB - Alwoodley with 2 wins out of 2 against a Stanningley side who have been struggling for available players (some of the reserve team lads looked decent in last seasons cup final, some of them should want to make the step up). Could be a close game but Alwoodley have the momentum and I would expect a 3-2 home win.

Ealandians v Grangefield OB - Always a good battle with Grangefield and I expect this to be no different. A few of us missing this weekend due to a wedding, but with a strong squad we will have a good side out still. Grangefield searching for their 1st win of the season. Us going for 3 out of 3. No prediction.

Farnley Sports v Beeston Juniors - Narrowly beaten by Farsley at the weekend shows that Farnley will be a tough team to beat this season. Beeston have had a tough start with 2 defeats but the report from the Alwoodley game and seeing them myself is enough to say they won't be a walkover. Expect a high tempo game but Farnley to come out on top 4-2.

St Nicholas v Farsley Celtic Juniors - Game of the day for me. Champions Farsley travel to a confident St Nicholas side who celebrated their return to the top flight with a 10-1 demolition of Wigton Moor. That result will not of gone unnoticed and Farsley will need to be at their best in this game. Expect a close game and I think we could see a 2-2.

Wigton Moor v Trinity OB - Both teams have lost their opening two games but Trinity showed a big improvement against newcomers Stanley. Wigton look to be struggling already and have shipped 15 goals in 2 games so they need to solve the leaking defence quickly. A 5-3 away win I feel on the horizon.

Piggy

Ealandians
Wayne_leeds

Postby Wayne_leeds » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:23 am

The District Cup game above Is for our West Yorkshire League team and NOT the YAL team, would anyone be able to play Saturday, as our lads would love a game. Contact me on 07852 311 717 or email info@middletonparkfc.co.uk
neville

Postby neville » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:21 am

Wayne_leeds wrote:The District Cup game above Is for our West Yorkshire League team and NOT the YAL team, would anyone be able to play Saturday, as our lads would love a game. Contact me on 07852 311 717 or email info@middletonparkfc.co.uk

Hello Wayne,

I see that Leeds City OB IV are after a game. Their details are shown under the Announcements thread. Sounds ideal.
tinternet

Postby tinternet » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:38 am

Division 1

Dewsbury Rangers v Farsley Celtic Junrs Res
Both sides on 3 points following 2 games, I think the Farsley result losing to Bedes last week would be the shock of the weekend! Dewsbury have perhaps had the easier two fixtures so far and given Farsley in theory do have a strong squad to call upon I think I have to go with an AWAY WIN 2-3

Horsforth St Margaret’s v Garforth Rangers
This is a tough one to call with both teams as yet not really showing too much to write home about. Horsforth so far have just the 1point but they did score 4 goals to get it! Garforth on the other hand have played 2 games and only managed to score one goal! Think home advantage edges this one HOME WIN 3-1

Leeds Independent v Rothwell
Another tough one to cal so early in the season but with Leeds Indi having already scored 9 goals their opening two games and secured 4 points and Rothwell only the 1point although they have managed to hit the net 5 times think again home advantage and superior goal scoring edges this to a HOME WIN 4-1
CalverleyUtd

Postby CalverleyUtd » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:16 pm

Championship

Beeston St Anthony’s v Calverley Utd
Two losses for Beeston but you can never read too much into the opening weeks fixtures. We had a good win last week so hoping ourform continues ?-?

Collingham Juniors v Shire Academics
Looks like Collingham will have had a decent start once they get awarded the points from last weeks fixture. Shire another team that could improve after the opening few weeks. 3-3

Leeds Medics & Dentists Res v Mount St Mary’s
We defdeated Medics quite comfortably last week but they were clearly missing players and only had 11 men to call upon. Mary's are pretty unknown but have had a reasonable start with two close games. No first team game for Medics this week?? 3-2

Morley Town AFC v Alwoodley Res
Hopefully Alwoodley will be able to field a team this week, had they not had the fortune of their firsts kicking off prior to their first game of the season we may have been looking at two unfulfilled fixtures! Morley with two good victories should be favourites. 4-1

Stanningley OB Res v Wortley
Stanningley are bottom of the table but I'm sure they will improve on that position as the season goes on. Wortley picked up three points last week at Thorns and this should be a well contested local derby. 4-4
Grez Bez

Postby Grez Bez » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:03 pm

Finally found the thread. The forum is getting more and more complicated to use each year; a lot of our lads ask me now rather than check as there is too many forums.. ANYWAY:

Championship

Beeston St Anthony’s 1 v 3 Calverley Utd
Collingham Juniors 2 v 0 Shire Academics
Leeds Medics & Dentists Res 1 v 4 Mount St Mary’s
Morley Town AFC 2 v 2 Alwoodley Res
Stanningley OB Res 0 v 2 Wortley

Division 1

Dewsbury Rangers 0 v 5 Farsley Celtic Junrs Res
Horsforth St Margaret’s 3 v 0 Garforth Rangers
Leeds Independent 2 v 2 Rothwell

Division 2

Collegians 1 v 2 Woodkirk Valley
Colton Ath 0 v 1 Wheelwright OB
Leeds City OB 3 v 0 Ealandians Res
Lepton Highlanders 2 v 0 Old Centralians
neville

Heavy Woollen Cup - Rd 1

Postby neville » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:08 pm

Heavy Woollen Cup – Rd 1

Kick of 1330 hrs

Drighlington v Old Batelians
Drighlington Res v Crown Gawthorpe
Gildersome Spurs OB v Ossett Common Rovers
Overthorpe SC v Morley Town III
Savile Town v West End Park
Thornhill v Morley Town Res

The YAL has done well in this competiton during the pat 10 seasons but last year was a let down with Woodkirk the honorable exception. Gildersome Spurs have won the Wheatley Cup on three consecutive occasions whilst Batelians were losing finalists some 2 seasons ago. With Drig playing Batelians we do have one club for sure in Round two where they will join Woodkirk Valley, Morley Town AFC,Norristhorpe and Dewsbury Rangers who all have byes. Driglington Res will have a testing time against Wakefield Premier Division Crown Gawthorpe. For Spurs OB a trip slightly into the unknown. Ossett Common Rovers are no longer in the West Yorks League and they are close to the bottom of the Wakefield Prem Division. The invaluable mixture of experience, football nous, pace and youthful exumberance should see Spurs victorious. I think it was last year that Morley III caused a major upset by defeating Overthrope of the WRCA Prem Div. A certain irony that the two clubs are drawn together once more. Morley III have superb record in the YAL winning Div 6 in their opening season, shining with their cup exploits and taking on board the challenge for 16/17 of the double promotion. Savile Town are old rivals of West End Park and Savile Town are struggling in the Spen League. West End Park have settled down quickly in the YAL but it would be a pleasent surprise if they won - and their review shown above indicates they are confident enough to achieve a positive result. Thonrhill thumped Morley Town last year.Thornhill are having an appalling season in the West Yorks Div 1 but it will need Morley Res firing on all cylinders to capture a place in Round two but they have the experience required to undertake a good cup run.
neville

Forum use - main categories

Postby neville » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:11 pm

Hi Brez,

If your colleague use Reuslts 16/17, Fixtures 16/17 and Announcements they wil not go far wrong but your point is one for our webmaster.

Nev
neville

Intriguing fixtures in Division 2

Postby neville » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:36 am

I thought I would have a go at predicting Division 2 this week, seems to be the division that gets missed out on predictions

Leeds City v Ealandians Res

We played Leeds City in pre season and I was impressed with what I saw, that said we missed a lot of players for that fixture so who knows. I haven't come up against an Ealandians team in a long time and I know they finished a couple of places below Leeds city in Div 3 last season. That said Ealandians teams are generally pretty well organised and tough to break down, I expect a close one but with Leeds City to come out on top. 2-0

Colton v Wheelwright

We played Colton last week and I thought the scoreline flattered them, The referee even commenting after the match we should have perhaps taken something from that game. Wheelwright again a team I know little about. Going for an away win 1-3

Collegians v Woodkirk Valley

The result which surprised me the most last week was Leeds City's comprehensive victory over Woodkirk. Woodkirk I felt were a very good team last season, perhaps they were missing some players. Collegians are an odd one, you always sense they could beat the top team but lose to the bottom one the following week. I fancy Woodkirk to bounce back from there opening day defeat. 1-2

Lepton Highlanders v Old Centralians

Lepton are an unknown quantity to me but I know they have a first team in the County am who are one of the top sides, like ourselves both teams are not first teams and are always at the call of other teams higher up within the club, Something I am sure Lepton can agree with as the team generally depends to be a lot different every week. Both teams suffered back to back disappointing defeats and will be looking to bounce back. I expect it to be close but as usual no score prediction from me on this.

Josh
Centralians
neville

No easy fixture in the Bradford & Dist Cup

Postby neville » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:24 am

ROUND ONE

ko 1430 hrs

IDLE v Thornton Utd
Field Res v FAIRBANK UTD
Hunsworth v ST BEDES

Three games that will bring the best out of our teams. Idle has made a superb start to the YAl and has two victories under its belt. They play at Hanson school on a quality grass pitch. Their oponents have risen rapidly in the WRCA League and are third in the middle division of three. We have seen teams in that division beaten by our teams last season but providing there ae no early setbacks I can see Idle causing an upset here but Thornton are favourites. Even tougher contest for Fairbank who take on Bradford's leading second team in the West Yorks League. Fairbank are improving all the time but if they can finish on level terms with Field they will have done a superb job. Bedes have started their season well with two away victories. Hunsworth have not recovered from their relegation last season from the top Division of the WRCA and are looking to find some stability. Excellent chance for Bedes to progress.
neville

Postby neville » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:41 am

Leeds & Dist Cup first Round

Kick off 1400hrs

90 mins and straight to penalties

East End Park Res V Farnley Sports Res
Grangefield OB Reserves V Whitkirk Wanderers Res
Middleton Park (wyl) V Leeds Medics & Dentists III
Shire Academics Res V Leeds Modernians YAL

Will look at in reverse order as the first game is between two sides from the third division of YAL and both started their season with drawn matches last weekend. No comment needed.

Medics III will benefit from the return of players this week. Middleton has not started well with four points from seven outings. The fact they are well and truly warmed up may be an advantage but feel a Medics III win coming on.

Whitkirk Wdrs Res still struggle in the second division of the WY Alliance. Grangefield Res has lost both games including an 8-0 at Spurs last wekend. Good team on paper and need the chance to progress once more in this competition. That should be the incentive to raise their level of performance. Penalties may be the order of the day.

Our friends from East End Park are guaranteed to put in a 100% effort and back that effort with the appropriate level of skill. Nothing to lose here for Farnley who need to lift their game for a one off victory It will be fascinating to find out what happened?

Return to “Fixtures”