YAAFL Twitter

Noel Bullock

YAAFL Twitter

Postby Noel Bullock » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:23 pm

Following the shock announcement at last night's AGM, our "Roving Reporter" Neville Butt is retiring from his self-opposed role as Results, Reports & Publicity Secretary. Therefore, I personally think that we need to take a leaf from other well-established leagues such as: West Yorkshire Association Football League, West Riding County Amateur Football League, Wakefield & District FA League and Leeds Combination Association Football League by having an official twitter account.

Your thoughts please.

Regards,

Noel Bullock
Secretary
Morley Town AFC

Twitter: @MorleyTownAFC
neville

Re: YAAFL Twitter

Postby neville » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:59 pm

The above comment and a reply on Noel's own Faceboook account show how we should avoid having a Twitter Account. The harm that can be done to an individual by vitriolic comment has been seen within the past seven days with the referendum and also the vilification of tennis player HeatherWatson, afte she lost in the second round at Wimbledon, was beyond the pale.

Our ealier website effectively offered free comment" but that privilege was frequently abused. Tight control is necessary.
Noel Bullock

YAAFL Twitter

Postby Noel Bullock » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:28 am

I was purely putting it out there Neville.
Grez Bez

Re: YAAFL Twitter

Postby Grez Bez » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:49 pm

I agree Noel

Would drive a lot of traffic to the website. The yAML has the best website of all leagues I know of but not a load of people know about it.

Nothing to be scared of on Twitter

Return to “Site Problems, News and Ideas”