Any suggestions for improving our site?

neville

Any suggestions for improving our site?

Postby neville » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:12 am

I have spoken with Danny our webmaster and he qill updated the Fixtures and Results sections shortly. I feel that we could well improve our service by having a section devoted to teams needing friendlies and advertising for those fixtures. Will instigate this with Danny. Are their other improvements we can make?

Any ideas and suggestions would be wel received. We have fantastic contributors but would like to extend the numbers making a contribution. Whenwe started 15 season ago we had something like 26 clubs - many with three or four teams - ion Mods case six, so collection of data from one repesentative of each team was simple> Happily we now have well over 50 clubs and therefore we do need more clubs taking an active part in our site.

Please do not hesitate to express your interest on site but you may wish to email me first at buttdsl@nevbutt.demon.co.uk
Grez Bez

Re: Any suggestions for improving our site?

Postby Grez Bez » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:04 am

It needs cutting down. It's too confusing to read as there's too many sections.

All you need is

Announcements - This includes Ask Neville
General Discussion - for everything non YAML. Included laws of the game, other football and general football discussion

Results - Keep all results in here from all seasons including the rep team. Post which matches are off in here too.

Fixtures - as above

Recruitment - All posts in here for players/ manager/ clubs wanted

Site Problems - Just in case
Mike Honcho

Postby Mike Honcho » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:48 am

Grez Bez wrote:It needs cutting down. It's too confusing to read as there's too many sections.

All you need is

Announcements - This includes Ask Neville
General Discussion - for everything non YAML. Included laws of the game, other football and general football discussion

Results - Keep all results in here from all seasons including the rep team. Post which matches are off in here too.

Fixtures - as above

Recruitment - All posts in here for players/ manager/ clubs wanted

Site Problems - Just in case

I agree
neville

Postby neville » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:28 pm

Mike,

Thanks for the contribution. As I am no longer a worknig member of the League any questions can be directed to the league and dealt with as soon as practical.

I think we will shortly have news on the Rep XI.

I am not making my replies in any particualr order but I would like to keep Rep XI section for ease of reference. Current fixtures and Current results are the lifeblood of the forum and should be retained but we have kept the prevgious seasons' results and fixtures - again for quick reference. A section for County Cup and District Cup draws and results has been opened with the easier access to the draw particularly relevant. The same applies for the thread for the Shield. A section has also been oped to advertise for friendlies. This give a direct home for requests for friendlies and a more obvious place to those interested clubs.

Matches off is a well used part of our armoury - and whilst the postponements are shown under "Fixtures" on the fixture list it seems that Matches Off is a popular reference point.

General discusion and site problems continue in their present format.

Really thisw is a start and any other suggestions gatefully received.

Return to “Site Problems, News and Ideas”