YAML Forum / This Site

Grez Bez

YAML Forum / This Site

Postby Grez Bez » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:33 pm

Nev & Team

I think we are at a stage where we need more members.

There a few ways to do so

1 - Email the members clubs again as a reminder of the forum and encourage them to ask their players/ members.
    2- Make the forum easier to use; there is far too many sections and its hard to read. There is some great content but its all hidden. The golden rule is to have no more than 4 sections.
    3 - Move to a Facebook forum. Forums are dying outside of Facebook due to a change in surfing habits. The majority of players use FB and would contribute to the forum.
Norristhorpe

Re: YAML Forum / This Site

Postby Norristhorpe » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:44 pm

Grez Bez, I'm not a member of facebook, so I couldn't contribute, surely if you can access facebook you can access the internet and therefore this forum?
Grez Bez

Postby Grez Bez » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi

Of course; it's not about access, it's about usability. I think we have around 30 regular contributors on this site out of a league consisting of >1000 players.

I'd rather we keep the forum and simplify it. My comment was more around trends and how forums are generally dying out in favour of Facebook (Or Reddit)
neville

Postby neville » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:33 am

Thanks for the contribution and this is being looked at by the League.

Our original site was brilliant and better than anything else I have seen at our level. The front page was full of current news. The person who "owned" the site left town taking his site with him. The site was replaced with our current site that has served us well and those involved in setting it up did so in record time for which we were eternally grateful.

Return to “Ask the League”