4G Pitches - Fair or Not?

sgt_wilko

4G Pitches - Fair or Not?

Postby sgt_wilko » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:42 pm

Just a question in light of the use of a 4G surfaces and accepting that the league allow such surfaces under rule 10b "All matches shall be
played on pitches deemed suitable by the Management Committee."
Is it not a touch unfair on teams and especially players who play all their fixtures on grass, that they have to purchase "appropriate" footwear to play may be one game in a Season on a 4G surface and for that matter teams that turn up to play on such surfaces and who are then told that certain footwear is not appropriate?
Grez Bez

Re: 4G Pitches - Fair or Not?

Postby Grez Bez » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:11 pm

I don't think so. It's no different to making players wear shin pads or wear studs.

Some people just don't like change...
bigade

Re: 4G Pitches - Fair or Not?

Postby bigade » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:06 pm

your argument doesnt stack up Grez we all wear shin pads on every surface as for studs every boot has some type of stud blade or something that helps players stay on there feet . i was watching the England game the other night and even the pundits couldnt decide if playing on that type of surface was detrimental to certain joints getting damaged by playing on the hard surface . regardless of footwear most of my players will refuse to play on the 4g or 3g because the ground is detrimental to there fitness .We should have had a cup game on the surface last season and if game had taken place on 3G or 4G cant remember which surface exactly id have had 6 players who would play on the surface and 12 who said they wouldnt ,granted there all getting on a bit LOL but i would have not been able to play said game . . ive noticed that St Bedes play on 4G so they might end up playing our first teamers in that game .Which i think is wrong but they might be only players i can get

Return to “Ask the League”